Tuesday, May 14, 2013

All is Put To Right....

So, the Polk County Transit was highly dismayed to hear about how I was treated during what I now call "The Phone Call". They sent a representative over to the house to interview Raymond and he is now approved for his transportation. I'm glad they did the right thing.

Therefore, his second round of treatment started today.  Again, he is wiped out from it and his head hurts.  Luckily, he still has some of the pain pills left that my sisters bought for him. Four more days of the chemo and another week of the migraines and he'll have another two weeks of peace.

I asked the doctor today when we can officially call him "cancer-free" and she said, "After the chemo treatments are over, we'll do more scans and bloodwork to make sure it's all gone."  She sounded really optimistic when she said it.  Personally, I think it's "gone" now, but they are just making sure. The only thing that worries me is the fact that it's a "very aggressive" cancer and that sentence she said about it showing signs that it had "infiltrated the blood vessels" around where they had removed the mass.  I'm still unclear as to if she meant that it actually DID infiltrate or that it COULD HAVE infiltrated.  Either way, the chemo is going as planned and the lung/stomach scans were clear, with the exception of an enlarged lymph node... no, a "larger than normal" lymph node (meaning she wasn't overly concerned, but wasn't willing to take a chance with it, either).

So, it's off to bed for me.  Have to rest up to make phone calls tomorrow on Raymond's behalf plus another round of sitting in the hospital for the day.

Oh, yeah... received information from Patient Advocate Center.  Great resource for cancer patients (see address and phone # on HELPFUL WEBSITES page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I thank you kindly for taking the time to read my blog.