Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's Official....

Well, it's official. Raymond's chemotherapy starts on Monday @8:30am.

His pulmonary function test indicated that his lungs are not strong enough for one of the chemo drugs, so he has to do the other 2 chemo drugs 5 times/week for one week out of each month for 4 months. He has to do 4 cycles of the chemo.  

He was all irritated the other day, so I didn't bring it up to the doctor, but when I can get her by herself away from him, I'm going to ask her what the CAT scan of his lungs showed.  She seemed concerned. And she wanted to do CAT scan of his abdomen, but by this time, he was tired, irritated, and just wanted to go home. He promised me that he would let her do the abdomen CAT on Monday. She said she needs to get a "baseline" before the chemo starts.

So, keep him in your prayers especially this week. Pray that God give him the strength he needs to endure the coming week.

Already, I have to call Polk County Healthcare because they're not covering 2 of the 3 prescriptions that the doc wrote for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I thank you kindly for taking the time to read my blog.