Friday, April 5, 2013

Our half of the family is WAY MORE than the whole...

I've given it a week to see if any of Raymond's paternal side would either comment here, or get in touch with him. Nothing. No concern whatsoever from his dad's side of the family. Well, his dad pretty much wrote him off as soon as he was diagnosed with bipolar years ago. Raymond Young, Sr. doesn't tolerate anyone who is not perfect in his eyes. So, they've bickered back and forth over the years and Ray Sr. (sorry, Raymond Jr., it was my idea to name you after your dad.  Had I known how he'd really turn out....) told him to never contact him again. Nice dad, huh? That was my last attempt to contact any of them. They don't deserve to know how he's doing... and wouldn't care in the least anyways. 

Well, at least he knows his maternal family love him. His Grandma Carol was there with him the day of his surgery, his cousins Amy and Ericka have both contacted him via phone and fb... his Aunt Denise also, his Aunt Theresa sent her love through Maddi, whom he has also talked to on fb, and Jordan was not only there the day of his surgery, he's moved here with us to be with him. Aunt Tammy calls nearly every day, and is trying also to help find information regarding his cancer. And she wants to come here in June to be with him. 

I can put his dad's family out of my mind... I just hope that he can. I know it bothers him that his dad is so absent from him, but he also knows the Sr. is an ass so I think he's already come to terms with that. But Grandma & Pap Young, Kolten, Marissa, Uncle Blaine, Aunt Jewel, and Aunt Pam... they are a different story. He'd like to know that they care, or at least would like to think they do. 

He never reads this blog, and I didn't tell him that I sent out the link to the Youngs, so hopefully their non-response won't be something that weighs heavy on his heart.

Dr./medical update:  went to urologist on Wednesday, but somebody screwed up his appointment date and he had to reschedule.  New appointment is this Tuesday @ 10:15am. I'm a little worried because the nurse said it's "imperative" that he get with this Dr. Oommen, who is the one that did the surgery. When questioned on if it is something life threatening, she only said "any surgery needs follow up care." While that's understandable, it's not what I would call "imperative". However, by that time, Raymond had walked out because he was upset about the appointment screw up so she wouldn't say any more than that about it. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

I'll keep you posted (even though I'm still slightly suspicious that I'm talking to myself as I receive little to no feedback...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I thank you kindly for taking the time to read my blog.